Find Nursing Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Nursing at United States University

Find Schools Near

Nursing at United States University

Every nursing school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the nursing program at United States University stacks up to those at other schools.

USU is located in San Diego, California and has a total student population of 1,243. In 2019, 13 nursing majors received their bachelor's degree from USU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Nursing section at the bottom of this page.

USU Nursing Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
  • Master’s Degree in Nursing

Online Classes Are Available at USU

If you are a working student or have a busy schedule, you may want to consider taking online classes. While these classes used to be mostly populated by returning adults, more and more traditional students are turning to this option.

For those who are interested in distance learning, USU does offer online courses in nursing for the following degree levels:

  • Bachelor’s Degree
  • Master’s Degree

USU Nursing Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the nursing progam at USU compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The nursing major at USU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Nursing. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 5
Most Focused Nursing Master’s Degree Schools 6
Best Value Nursing Master’s Degree Schools 22
Most Popular Online Nursing Graduate Certificate Schools 110
Best Value Nursing Schools 132
Most Focused Nursing Schools 184
Most Popular Nursing Graduate Certificate Schools 258
Most Focused Nursing Graduate Certificate Schools 258
Most Focused Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 259
Most Popular Nursing Master’s Degree Schools 287
Best Nursing Master’s Degree Schools 323
Best Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 339
Most Popular Online Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 461
Most Popular Online Nursing Schools 524
Best Nursing Schools 638
Most Popular Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 982
Most Popular Nursing Schools 1,377

In 2019, 33 students received their master’s degree in nursing from USU. This makes it the #287 most popular school for nursing master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Nursing Graduates from USU Make?

The median salary of nursing students who receive their bachelor's degree at USU is $77,700. This is 27% higher than $61,050, which is the national average for all nursing bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Nursing Student Demographics at USU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the nursing majors at United States University.

USU Nursing Bachelor’s Program

85% Women
46% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 13 students earned a bachelor's degree in nursing from USU. About 85% of these graduates were women and the other 15% were men. The typical nursing bachelor's degree program is made up of only 13% men. So male students are more repesented at USU since its program graduates 2% more men than average.

USU Gender Breakdown of Nursing Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 13% more racial-ethnic minorities in its nursing bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from United States University with a bachelor's in nursing.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Nursing Majors at United States University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 6
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

USU Nursing Master’s Program

61% Women
76% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The nursing program at USU awarded 33 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 39% of these degrees went to men with the other 61% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 13% men graduate in nursing each year. USU does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 26% more men than average.

USU Gender Breakdown of Nursing Master's Degree Grads

In the nursing master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 76% of degree recipients. That is 43% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from United States University with a master's in nursing.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Nursing Majors at United States University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 14
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 8
White 5
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

USU also has a doctoral program available in nursing. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Concentrations Within Nursing

If you plan to be a nursing major, you may want to focus your studies on one of the following concentrations. The table shows all degrees awarded in this field awarded for all degree levels at United States University. A concentration may not be available for your level.

Concentration Annual Degrees Awarded
Family Practice Nurse/Nursing 32
Registered Nursing 13
Nursing Education 1

Careers That Nursing Grads May Go Into

A degree in nursing can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CA, the home state for United States University.

Occupation Jobs in CA Average Salary in CA
Registered Nurses 294,510 $106,950
Medical and Health Services Managers 34,510 $125,770
Nurse Practitioners 13,420 $133,780
Nursing Instructors and Professors 3,390 $101,320
Nurse Anesthetists 1,180 $212,210

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Nursing Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited nursing schools across the U.S.