Find Nursing Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Nursing at Central Methodist University - College of Graduate & Extended Studies

Find Schools Near

Nursing at Central Methodist University - College of Graduate & Extended Studies

If you are interested in studying nursing, you may want to check out the program at Central Methodist University - College of Graduate & Extended Studies. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

CMU CGES is located in Fayette, Missouri and approximately 3,821 students attend the school each year. Of the 231 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Central Methodist University - College of Graduate & Extended Studies in 2019, 231 of them were nursing majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Nursing section at the bottom of this page.

CMU CGES Nursing Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
  • Master’s Degree in Nursing

Online Classes Are Available at CMU CGES

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

CMU CGES does offer online education options in nursing for the following degree levels for those interested in distance learning:

  • Bachelor’s Degree
  • Master’s Degree

CMU CGES Nursing Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks nursing programs across the country. The following shows how CMU CGES performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The nursing major at CMU CGES is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Nursing. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 4
Best Value Nursing Master’s Degree Schools 12
Best Value Nursing Schools 48
Most Popular Online Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 100
Most Focused Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 108
Most Popular Online Nursing Schools 121
Most Popular Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 136
Best Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 192
Most Focused Nursing Master’s Degree Schools 199
Most Popular Nursing Schools 248
Most Focused Nursing Schools 263
Best Nursing Schools 268
Best Nursing Master’s Degree Schools 282
Most Popular Nursing Master’s Degree Schools 323

In 2019, 28 students received their master’s degree in nursing from CMU CGES. This makes it the #323 most popular school for nursing master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Nursing Graduates from CMU CGES Make?

The median salary of nursing students who receive their bachelor's degree at CMU CGES is $57,900. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $61,050 for all nursing students.

undefined

Nursing Student Demographics at CMU CGES

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the nursing majors at Central Methodist University - College of Graduate & Extended Studies.

CMU CGES Nursing Bachelor’s Program

84% Women
12% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The nursing program at CMU CGES awarded 231 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 16% of these degrees went to men with the other 84% going to women. The typical nursing bachelor's degree program is made up of only 13% men. So male students are more repesented at CMU CGES since its program graduates 2% more men than average.

CMU CGES Gender Breakdown of Nursing Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 82% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in nursing at CMU CGES are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Central Methodist University - College of Graduate & Extended Studies with a bachelor's in nursing.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Nursing Majors at Central Methodist University - College of Graduate & Extended Studies
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 15
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 189
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 17

CMU CGES Nursing Master’s Program

96% Women
11% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The nursing program at CMU CGES awarded 28 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 4% of these degrees went to men with the other 96% going to women.

CMU CGES Gender Breakdown of Nursing Master's Degree Grads

Of the students who received a nursing master's degree from CMU CGES, 86% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Central Methodist University - College of Graduate & Extended Studies with a master's in nursing.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Nursing Majors at Central Methodist University - College of Graduate & Extended Studies
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 24
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

CMU CGES also has a doctoral program available in nursing. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Concentrations Within Nursing

Nursing majors may want to concentrate their studies in one of these areas. The completion numbers here include all graduates who receive any type of degree in this field from Central Methodist University - College of Graduate & Extended Studies. Some of these focus areas may not be available for your degree level.

Concentration Annual Degrees Awarded
Other Registered Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research and Clinical Nursing 218
Nursing Education 18
Registered Nursing 13
Clinical Nurse Leader 10

Careers That Nursing Grads May Go Into

A degree in nursing can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MO, the home state for Central Methodist University - College of Graduate & Extended Studies.

Occupation Jobs in MO Average Salary in MO
Registered Nurses 71,770 $65,130
Medical and Health Services Managers 6,840 $113,120
Nurse Practitioners 4,390 $102,470
Nursing Instructors and Professors 1,210 $77,540
Nurse Anesthetists 1,110 $159,080

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Nursing Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited nursing schools across the U.S.